A Welcome and a Definition

Culture Vulture: "A person with a strong, sometimes obsessive, interest in the arts." Culture Vultures spend a lot of time observing the world. This is where those observations come out.

Saturday, June 19, 2010

Real Housewives NYC: The Final Breakdown

I know I am a few days behind, but I finally watched the last installment of the Season 3 reunion. The term "breakdown" seems particularly appropriate, as the series seemed to have its own breakdown this season. On top of that, I want to do my own breakdown of what went on:

Bethenny: The girl is on fire!! I love Bethenny Getting Married? (I'm even developing a crush on Jason). 3 books, a successful business, a line of skin care, various other products, a husband, a daughter, she is doing everything. In 10 years, I think Bethenny will have colonized life on Mars! She says she's not very people-oriented, but I still wish we could go out together for skinny girl margaritas.

Sonja: I was kind of waiting to cringe at Sonja. I was sort of expecting her to tick me off, but I have say I really like Sonja. She's funny, she's sassy, she's horny. I think Sonja is a great addition to the show. I think if Bethenny leaves the show, Sonja will be my new favorite housewife.

Alex: I never really thought Alex would end up being one of my favorites. However, I love the new assertive Alex (especially without her cosmic twin Simon). I still think some of the changes made this season (less emphasis on her sons and Alex) were deliberate by her, even if she denies it.

Ramona: Ramona is still crazy, but I like her a little more each season. She might want to curtail her diarrhea of her mouth and cut down on Pinot Grigio. She seemed to develop a real affection for all the ladies this season. Her vow renewal was a little weird too, but sweet.

LuAnn:
LuAnn was really blah this season. She became Jill's bff, she sang, and she dated creepy men. I don't know how she could say she remained neutral in the Jill/Bethenny feud. She was totally Team Zarin!! I don't usually like to make deep observations about anyone on a reality show, but I feel like LuAnn is really searching for an identity. She always seems lost to me.

Kelly: For her safety and others, Kelly needs to be removed from the show and possibly hospitalized. She is no longer fun crazy! She is medicate her immediately and then strap her down crazy! If Bravo lets her continue on the show, it's just irresponsible.

Jill: When the season open with the Bethenny/ Jill feud, I really expected there would camps. People would be Team Zarin or Team Frankel and at the end, Bethenny and Jill would come together. Instead, Jill came across so badly I almost felt sorry for her at the reunion. I agree with the ladies that Jill probably would not have tried so hard to make up with Bethenny if it wasn't for the engagement and the pregnancy. If Jill comes back, hopefully it will be a kinder and gentler Jill.

1 comment:

  1. Agreed re. Kelly. That chick has some seriously creepy issues.

    ReplyDelete