A Welcome and a Definition

Culture Vulture: "A person with a strong, sometimes obsessive, interest in the arts." Culture Vultures spend a lot of time observing the world. This is where those observations come out.

Saturday, October 9, 2010

National Coming Out Day


Monday Oct 11th is National Coming Out Day. I make no secret on this blog that I am an openly gay male. I have been lucky though; I had a lot of support from friends and family when I came out. I can honestly say no one close to me ever paused or had doubt that I was no longer the person they thought I was. But I know many people who are not that fortunate. With all the news of GLBT teen suicide, I think National Coming Out Day is more important than ever. As a society, we have to let go of the shame and allow people to be who they are. October 11 is one step towards this.

No comments:

Post a Comment